Wednesday, November 4, 2009

EPICLY huge post is EPIC--- Summer Work

Wow... I totally went "up yours" to updating anything... Sorry about that. Summer was painfully boring and I didn't get much work on the AZU Project done...

I made a lot of artwork during the the Summer, but most of them weren't anything special... I started this work series on DeviantART called "Total Drama Sketch-a-thon", which is basically me drawing the whole Total Drama cast in my style.


I did it because I was bored and it was was suppose to be fun... It has now turned into something that is a tad bit annoying to do. Why you ask? Well for starters, I have gotten a lot of people watching my DA page now. Not people who watch because they actually like my work, no. I keep getting the people who harass me constantly to draw their favorite character. Which wouldn't be as annoying if I didn't clearly under each piece that I am NOT going in "any real order. I pick them in the order I drew them in my sketchbook, which is random." People seem to flat out ignore that one... :P

If I do ever continue the series, it'll be because I want to. Right now I have crazy college senior stuff to deal with, but try telling that to rabid teenage fanboys and girls... I almost wish I had never started it... :(

---

Also during the summer I got cheated out if some artwork because of my severe lack of salesmanship skills. Ugh...

Truth be told, this started off kind of fun, but working with a client I didn't really like, on top of them being kind of annoying, was a real pain. She was too indecisive and very manipulative.

I wasn't paid for this job because in exchange, since I wanted to sell my artwork at HealthWorks and people who sell there have to give there organization a 20% commission or $250 of sales (which is a ripoff), we negotiated that I would do the drawings for the Youth Fitness Zone and then I wouldn't have to pay anything.


The client later said that I would have to create sets of artwork for her every week in order for me to keep selling artwork. She never mentioned such a constraint before I did the work for her, which made me quite upset. And that was the end of that... She was a horrible woman :(

---

Now that that's all over, my favorite summer picture was a vector piece called "Outlines Are Overrated" Featuring my character Tigger and my kitty Salem :D


I also made this quote, "Never limit yourself with imaginary outlines... Live life to the fullest and reach for your dreams. <3"

It took me a while to do because I started to get really frustrated with it... It had been sitting half finished for over a month, then finally, since I figured this is my last weekend work free, I thought I'd finish it. I :heart: Vector! :D

Here is the process work:


Now for Fall work!
--

No comments: