Wednesday, November 4, 2009

EPICLY huge post is EPIC--- Fall Work

Degree Project, which can also be called my Senior Thesis project for Animation has are arrived with a vengeance! To see my ongoing progress throughout the year, please visit my DP blog: DTV- DeAnimation Station



Anyway, this semester I decided to get a studio for the first time, and I gotta say I wish I had gotten one earlier... It's so great! I'm sharing my space with my buddy Amanda Myers. I drew a picture for a picture frame I found to put in our studio.

Here's a close-up of it.

This is my character Lisa-Marie.

Lisa-Marie doesn't know you, but she does in fact hate you :D

Lisa-Marie is a selfish, mean-spirited, alien princess sent to Earth so she can learn compassion for others. Also, as part of her punishment she's is turned into a little girl so she can start again from scratch. She has one year to convince her family and another opposing planet of her change.. or else....

The picture was made with Prismacolor and Copic Markers, Prismacolor fine liner pen, Watercolor, pigment makers, and gel pens. Drawn on Bristol board :O
---

I also started a new sketchbook this semester.

"I realized that sometimes there is a bit of stress to have the first page of your sketch book look good so I've decided to mark it as such."


I'll put up the finished version when I actually finish it. Whenever that is... :O


--
It the middle of the of all the mayhem I actually found to finish a picture that had been sitting in my sketchbook for a couple of months: "PhiPhi doin it KAWS' way FIN"


This is my robot character, Phi-Phi² MAX in possible KAWS style

I really love KAWS' work even though I just found out about him less than 2 month ago, lol.

Created in Flash CS3 and Illustrator CS3

---
Finally, I'm taking Technical Drawing this semester, which seems to be going well. Here's my first completed assignment on One Point Perspective. Drawn on Velum, inked with Prismacolor Fine Liner pen.

My friends Nilani, Rebecca, and Rew are featured in this picture. Unfortunately, I made Rew look like to much of a guy. She's very pretty!


My TD teacher, John Roman and I are getting along well, much to my surprise, because I thought he disliked me. I was wrong! He has even offered me his assistance to critique my background work for my Degree Project. I'm so excited! :D

Anyway that's all for now! Hopefully I won't go so long without posting stuff again!




1 comment:

Rew Hapke said...

Ahaha, I look like an AWESOME guy, tho! Lovely picture!