Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Birthday gifts and Style Tests!

 
This was done as a birthday gift for my friend Rew and as a style test. Every year I try to come up with a new theme for my friends' birthday gift and this year it's "bands and favorite animals"!  It will be a five part picture that ends when my b-day rolls around next year. Also, I really enjoyed rendering, “Mr. Hoots"… I’ve never drawn an owl before or a bass guitar! :D

I'm getting use to doing more complicated semi-paintings without lines but it's an upward struggle. Originally, I wanted to add shadows to this, but I couldn't get it to my liking, so I settled on my more vector-like "simple style".

There will be more time to practice, but I didn't want to wait any longer to give this to Rew since her birthday was already a week ago.

No comments: