Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Making a new animation... :O



I originally wanted to create this animation back in 2009 for my Senior Animation Degree Project, but was urged not to, as I was told that most animation companies would not be interested in hiring me after seeing it because, "Everyone does animations about robots" and it's nothing new.

:(

So, I created DTV instead... And I while I'm proud of myself for getting though a such difficult & aggravating project, and learned a lot from working on it, I'm generally dissatisfied with the animation and wish it could have been better.

Anyway, a couple of months ago I showed to my original pitch idea to my animation advisor and he loved the idea. So, we decided that during my last semester I could finally animate my first DP idea as an independent study.

The animatic uses most of the original audio from my 2009 pitch. My advisor thought it might be a fun idea to make a full animation using the original audio as a narration. Why not? :)



Hopefully this will be done by the end of April this year, but I doubt it... I will be graduating soon after all... :)

1 comment:

pueblo2012 said...

the story sounds great Deanna are i have a few friends who compose music for movies and edits. They are called magic magic and i feel like there music could fit really well with this epic story.