Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Artist In Wonderland Preview: Progress Page 10

Oh my gosh! I can't believe I'm updating this thing within a month! :O

Go me!! :D

Anyway, I thought I'd share the process work for one of my upcoming comics I'm doing this summer, "Artist In Wonderland". The comic was created for my Narrative Illustration class.



The story is about me as I journey from the real world to Wonderland on a really bad day. The story features me and my friends Amanda Myers, Erika "Rew" Hapke, and Andrew Clapper.


Here's the process work of page 10


First, I drew a crappy little thumbnail drawing of the page. It's about 2 and a half inches in size.



Next, is the bigger thumbnail drawing that maps out the final page. This is about 4 x 5.5 inches in size.



After that, is a clean sketch of the final comic page. The page was drawn at 12 x 16 inches in size.
NOTE: Since this comic was intended to be sketchy (by both my teacher and myself), there is no need to ink the sketch. It can be colored right after this step.



After I scan the picture on to the computer, it's time for coloring! My favorite! I start off with only flat colors.



Then, I add the shadowing. Three layers of shadows were used for this page.



Finally, the highlights. I LOVE shininess!

And there you go! <3


So...What do you think? :D


No comments: