Saturday, March 20, 2010

Children's Book Illustration revamp

It's been a while... Crap. >.<

I have been dying to update this thing for a while now but between the stress of my Degree Project and me having to Full Restore my computer twice within a six month period, it has been nearly impossible to do so...

Anyway, since I have a lot to post, I'm going to put my certain art pieces in there own seperate post :D

First, I'm currently taking Narrative Illustration, which I was dying to get into. Admittedly, it is a little frustrating dealing with my teacher, as she can be rather confusing to understand and quick to become agitated at times, but for the most part I am enjoying taking the class.

This is for my first assignment for the class, which was to was revamp a 60's children book we received at random.



All of my other classmates were super happy with their choices, but I got the lamest one though... "How we celebrate Spring holidays" So I did the best thing I could think of, which was redrawing the pictures."

This was the first time I used a Stabilo marker pen to ink my work. Secretly, I always wanted to have a gray inking pen to help make my marker drawings more painterly, but I didn't even know the existed until recently! :D

I think my teacher was a little disappointed in my book, as I don't think she thought I pushed enough to better the story. I just couldn't get my mind to wrap around of how to "better" the book, as the text was seemingly fine and to the point as it was... The pictures however, were rather dull, so that's what I decided to change. In addition, the assignment was first pegged as a one week job, which meant I had to rush in terms of how I was going to get the book completed. I ended up cutting out ten other holidays to be able to finish the assignment on time which was fine, but it didn't give me a lot of time to plan.

No comments: